Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In Memory of Brent Thomas Miller



Brent Thomas Miller 17th November 1984 - 16 July 2007

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free.
I'm following the path laid out for me.
I stepped off the path when I heard the call;
I have moved on and left it all.

I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savoured much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one's
touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up you heart and share with me,
Though I am gone, I have been set free.

No comments: